DC summer bomb! Wal-Mart announced that 3.000 stores across all the country will have a monthly giant DC comic starting in July.
The stories will be in charge of non other than this monsters of the 9th art: Brian Michael Bendis, Tom King, Jimmy Palmiottii, Amanda Conner, Dan Jurgens and Tim Seeley.
The price? Only $4.99! for 100 pages. A bargain. The titles you will be able to find are:
BATMAN GIANT #1
- “One More Chance” original story by writer Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Patrick “Patch” Zircher.
- BATMAN #608 (2002) – Written by Jeph Loeb with art by comics icon Jim Lee. First issue of “Batman: Hush” one of the most popular storylines in the Dark Knight’s fabled history.
- NIGHTWING #1 (2011) – From DC’s New 52. Story by Kyle Higgins and artist Eddy Barrows debuted a new look for Dick Grayson .
- HARLEY QUINN #1 (2011) – From the New 52, writer Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Amanda Conner break Harley Quinn out of The Joker’s shadow with all the force of a giant mallet!
In BATMAN GIANT #3, we will see a new 12 part story by Brian Michael Bendis called "Universe".
SUPERMAN GIANT #1
- "Endurance" Features chapter one of the two-part “Endurance,” an original story written by Jimmy Palmiotti with art by Tom Derenick. The Daily Planet sends Clark Kent to Tornado Alley to do a story on the area, but when the storm hits, it turns out that this mild-mannered reporter is more helpful as Superman.
- THE TERRIFICS #1 (2018) – From this year’s New Age of Heroes and born of the events of DC’s hit series DARK NIGHTS: METAL. Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Plastic Man and Phantom Girl are a team of heroes bound together by fate and united by the spirit of exploration and discovery. Together these heroes plumb the depths of the fantastic to learn what it means to become family.
- GREEN LANTERN #1 (2005) – Written by best-selling writer Geoff Johns with art by Ethan Van Sciver and Carlos Pacheco, this first chapter launches the fan-favorite three-part story “No Fear,” in which Hal Jordan makes his return to the DC Universe as the Green Lantern, casting the light of justice on the darkest corners of Space Sector 2814.
- SUPERMAN/BATMAN #1 (2003) – The iconic fan-favorite story arc, “Public Enemies” returns, courtesy of writer Jeph Loeb, with artists Ed McGuinness and Tim Sale.
In SUPERMAN GIANT #3, we will see a new 12 part story by Tom King and and Andy Kubert called "Up in the sky!".
TEEN TITANS GIANT #1
- In this original six-part Teen Titans story by Dan Jurgens with art by Scot Eaton, Wayne Faucher and Jim Charalampidis, the Teen Titans’ pizza dinner is interrupted by the introduction of a new villain, the Disruptor.
- SUPER SONS #1 (2017) – From DC’s Rebirth event, writer Peter J. Tomasi and artist Jorge Jimenez reintroduce the sons of Superman and Batman, Jonathan Kent and Damian Wayne, in part one of “When I Grow Up.”
- SIDEWAYS #1 (2018) – Also from the New Age of Heroes, this story written by Dan DiDio with art by Kenneth Rocafort introduces fans to high schooler Derek James.
- TEEN TITANS #1 (2003) – Written by best-selling author Geoff Johns with art by Mike McKone. Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy welcome in a new roster of young heroes to train to defend humanity.
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA GIANT #1
- "The conversion" Justice League member Wonder Woman is spotlighted in “The Conversion,” an all-new story from NIGHTWING writer Tim Seeley and artists Rick Leonardi and Steve Buccellato. In this single-issue story, Wonder Woman comes face to face with Ares, god of war—who sees her as a promising new recruit!
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 (2011) – From the incomparable team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee comes this version of the League from the New 52.
- THE FLASH #1 (2011) –New 52 version of the Fastest Man Alive, writer Brian Buccellato and artist Francis Manapul .
- AQUAMAN #1 (2011) – Award-winning writer Geoff Johns and dynamic artist Ivan Reis team up on this story from the New 52!
Here is the official announcement DC Giant Size
We celebrate this announcement because it brings comics to people. This is what the industry needs to attract new readers!
All images courtesy of